If you were granted a conditional green card with a two year expiration date, you can apply to remove the conditions on your permanent resident status 90 days prior to the expiration date. You must prove the government again that you have a genuine relationship with your spouse. If you and your spouse are no longer married, you will still need to prove that your relationship was valid. Some couples struggle to collect necessary evidence and USCIS can issue a request for evidence. We can help you at any stage of the process. If you provide enough evidence of your genuine relationship with your initial filing, you can avoid a request for evidence. Sometimes, USCIS can also waive the interview requirement if your intial filing is strong enough. 

Requirements to Apply

  • Expiring conditional legal permanent resident status; 

Required Forms 

  • Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

Required Government Filing Fees

  • $680

Required Documentation 

  • Evidence of genuine marriage, including: 
    • Joint leases, rental agreement, property ownership documents;
    • Photographs;
    • Letters of support from family and friends;  
    • Joint filed income tax returns or IRS tax transcripts; 
    • Joint bills, accounts, memberships, etc.; 

The Process

  • Submit petition to USCIS; 
  • Receive USCIS receipt notice; 
  • Receive USCIS biometrics notice; 
  • Wait for either interview notice or approval notice; 
  • USCIS mails your 10 year legal permanent resident card directly to you;